Killer Reviews is an independent professional comparison site supported by referral fees from the sites featured. The antivirus software and advertisements that we present are from companies from which Killer Reviews receives compensation. We are able to provide this free comparison tool thanks to compensation we receive from some of the companies on this site. Killer Reviews cannot and does not present information about every anti-virus product or offer available.
- Our Score
TotalAV is our #1 Antivirus for 2019. Speedy and user-friendly, Removes Malware, Adware & Spyware. Top Notch Internet Security.
Total AV Review Highlights
Free - available for all Devices - Windows, Mac, iOS, Android
Protects against Malware, Adware, Spyware
24/7 Customer Support
- Real-Time Protection
- Remote Firewall
- Safe Site
Total AV AntiVirus 2019
Broad protection against all threats. PC Optimizer included. Web security, Low cost. PC Protect
PCProtect Review Highlights
Protect your device and personal information from harmful threats.
Protect your device from harmful network connections and phishing.
Use our cutting edge tools to boost your system's performance.
Manage your files and important documents with ease.
Constantly protect your computer from malicious programs.
Run a smart-scan to check all areas of your device for vulnerability.
- Advanced Antivirus
- System Boost
- File Manager
- Real-Time Protection
- Smart Scan
PCProtect AntiVirus 2019
McAfee delivers top-notch antivirus and Internet security coverage not just for computers but for mobile devices as well.
McAfee Review Highlights
McAfee has made many computer systems worldwide safe and secure from attacks, thanks to its many robust features.
Award-winning performance in individual antivirus tests
Accurate scanner that detect and removes viruses immediately
Speedy computer performance, since McAfee does not take much of the computer's resources
- Encryption Software to protect private files
- True Key App to safely store usernames and passwords
- Spam Blocker that prevents malicious content
- Parental controls to restrict unwanted websites
McAfee AntiVirus 2019
Extensive protection for your computer system, made possible by innovative features that safeguard the system and your files.
Norton Review Highlights
Norton's longstanding reputation as an antivirus provider gives it the edge, as it continues to improve its offer security benefits for PCs laptop and mobile devices.
Security against viruses, spyware, malware and other infections
Highly configurable settings to keep devices protected
Powerful firewall to protect your computer from malicious content
- Cloud-based controls that allow users to install, update and renew subscriptions remotely over the Internet
- Norton identity safe feature to keep users’ identity from hackers
- Emulator that runs suspicious files in the cloud to see how they behave before allowing them to reach the computer system
- Email Scanner to avoid suspicious links and phishing attempts
Norton AntiVirus 2019
Award-winning antivirus and internet security provider that delivers top of the line performance and a secure browsing experience.
Bitdefender Review Highlights
Get great value for your money with Bitdefender, one of the most trusted names in the antivirus market, thanks to its effectivity against online infections and attacks.
Superior real-time virus and malware removal rates
Powerful Internet security feature that controls malicious files from entering the system
Multiple features that further strengthen the protection the program gives the computer system
- Rescue Mode that notifies users about hidden threats
- USB Immunizer that keeps malware from USB drives from infecting the computer system
- System Monitoring Settings that keep helps keep Windows system security patches updated, keeping viruses away
- Vulnerability Scanner that notifies users of missing and outdated software
Bitdefender AntiVirus 2019
ZoneAlarm promises and delivers impressive computer network security with its antivirus and antispyware features.
ZoneAlarm Review Highlights
ZoneAlarm provides powerful antivirus and firewall protection, thanks to its manufacturer's continuous innovations.
Extensive features give great protection against online threats
Average virus detection and removal rates
Advanced firewall feature to ward off attacks
- Threat Emulation checks files before they even enter the computer system, keeping it safe from possible threats and attacks
- Find My Laptop, which allows users to locate, track and wipe important and sensitive files from stolen laptops
- Online Backup option which enables users to save their most important data online
- PC Tune Up, which checks the computer system registry for unnecessary files to free up disk space and optimize PC performance
Bullguard makes keeping your computer system threat-free simple with its safe and secure antivirus protection.
BullGuard Review Highlights
Bullguard promises users a secure online experience through its effective safeguards against identity theft and its powerful virus protection.
Topnotch malware and virus detection rates
Fully intuitive dashboard makes the software easy to use
PC optimization tools help ensure that the computer runs smoothly
- Safe Browsing that notifies users of possible threats in a website do users can choose whether or not to access the site
- Comprehensive Email protection which filters email, making sure that spam mail and mail with suspicious links and attachments do not reach the user’s inbox
- Highly Customizable Settings that allow users to configure the software as they see fit
Bullguard AntiVirus 2019
Avira Antiivirus delivers robust protetion for your computer systrem, online and offline.
Avira Review Highlights
Avira safeguards your home network as it works on protecting your online identity and keeping your system infection free.
Simple interface that's easy to understand and use
Powerful Internet protection Quick and easy scanning for spyware and malware
- Advanced Internet Protection that protects the computer system from malicious links and attacks from websites
- One Click Configuration that allows users to regulate settings and choose between standard or expert levels
Avira AntiVirus 2019
Protects privacy in social media accounts while effectively safeguarding your computer system against malware and viruses.
Trend Micro Review Highlights
An amazing choice of antivirus software for both PC and smartphone owners, Trend Micro Antivirus provides optimal protection against online threats and infections.
Options for storing data in the Cloud
Optimization tools that detect and fix common computer issues
Speedy response to online threats
- Scan Preferences that allow users to configure the scan settings according to their preference
- Privacy Protection which allows users to browse the web without being tracked, therefore keeping them safe from date theft
- PC Health checkup that optimizes the computer system as it fields off attacks and infections
Trend Micro AntiVirus 2019
Panda provides excellent virus protection and security against online threats without taking its toll on your computer system.
Panda Review Highlights
Highly intuitive and easy to use, Panda Antivirus delivers powerful antivirus protection to meet various needs. Panda's various packages come with different features that help secure your online activities.
Effective virus detection and removal
Online backup for file protection in case of theft or loss
Security provisions for vulnerable data
- Online Backup and Parental Controls that restrict the system from accessing certain sites and a feature that allows for online backup of important files
- Safe Internet usage that includes a firewall, a rescue kit and Wi-Fi protection to ensure users’ safety as they browse the Internet
- Android Mobile Security which allows users to locate, track and wipe lost or stolen Android devices
Panda AntiVirus 2019
Reasons to Invest in a Quality Virus Protection and Malware Removal Program
In the current highly digitalized world, owning a computer and access to the internet is no longer a privilege for a select group of people in the society but an essential need. The two help to facilitate communication and provide one with direct and easy access to information.
It is recommended to purchase and install good antivirus software that can protect you from cyber threats as you browse the internet as well as scan your computer for hidden viruses in your hard disk to stay safe.
Deciphering the Primary Differences between Adware, Spyware, and Viruses
Viruses, spyware, and adware are all malware that poses a significant danger to your security and privacy. Each of them has unique features and attributes that differentiate it from the rest.
A virus is a code that is discretely integrated into a program for download. Once you download and install the program on your computer, the virus replicates itself and spreads to other parts of the computer thereby reducing the efficiency and functionalism of the device. If not detected and removed early, the virus can corrupt stored files, format your computer, as well as randomly shut down your computer.
Spyware is malicious software that is installed on one’s computer or device secretly. It is considered one of the most dangerous forms of cyber-attack, as it bypasses the internet security firewall and collects personal information stored on the computer. The collected information is sold on the black market or used to request for ransom from the victims.
Adware is special software that is used to spread marketing popup ads. If your computer is infected with adware, you will see popups whenever you open a particular application, visit a website, or boot up the computer.
Importance of Having Antivirus Software
Today, malware or virus can infect your computer when you open an email, use a USB memory stick to transfer documents to and from your computer, or simply browse the internet. Fortunately, there is some excellent antivirus software that you can purchase and use to protect your devices from the common and modern viruses.
How Does an Antivirus Software Work
In a bid to stay abreast with the new viruses and malware that are released into the general public, the antivirus companies scout the internet round the clock. A large number of the current antivirus software in the world runs on a robust signature database and an indexing cataloging system. It is of paramount importance to ensure that your antivirus is always up-to-date to protect yourself from the emerging viruses.
The standard antivirus software provides users with three options when a threat is detected. You can ignore, delete, or quarantine it. Deleting is effective in getting rid of common viruses, but the advanced ones such as Trojans will not go away even after multiple deletions. The ideal way of dealing with Trojans is quarantining. By choosing the quarantining option, the threat is transferred to an isolated and secure folder where it cannot cause any damage to the computer files.
The antivirus software is either active or passive. Passive means that one has to make scheduled or manual virus scans. An active antivirus is programmed to run in the background whenever the computer is turned on thereby providing comprehensive protection when working offline or online on the computer or using the mobile device.
Tips for Finding the Best Antivirus Software
The vast array of antivirus software in the market gives the consumer an opportunity to compare different types before making the final decision. However, the many features, offers, functionalism makes the selection process daunting and overwhelming. It is recommended to choose an antivirus whose features resonate with your internet security needs and preferences.
Some of the companies also offer free antivirus options to their consumers. While these will not cost you money, they are not as effective as the premium paid antivirus software. For instance, some lack an internet security feature.
The tasks that you carry out on your device or your line of work should guide you through the selection process. If you are always, working online, antivirus software that has an inbuilt internet security feature is an ideal choice. If you use emails to communicate with friends, colleagues, and clients frequently, go for antivirus software that offers anti-spam, spyware, and phishing protection.
Parents and guardians should look for software that has parental control features while gamers should select a security program that has a gaming mode that set the internet security software to use fewer resources.
The reviews available on this website will give you a clear perspective of the different software in the market. Check out our antivirus review page for more information about newly released viruses, Trojans, malware, popups, spam, and scams.