Match.com has been in existence since 1995, making it one of the oldest and largest online dating services to ever have existed. But oldest and largest are not the only superlatives Match boasts of, because it is also one of the most successful of all Internet dating sites. Small wonder that it now serves 24 countries and hosts sites in 15 various languages.
Match.com allows you to find people you can connect with, based on your profile – and theirs. Not only that; by being a subscriber, you get to find interesting people yourself, message them, ask them out and get to know them better.
Now a household name in the dating scene, Match.com is the best place to find the person you have been looking for all your life. With the different features the site offers, you are sure to discover that special someone. Match.com even offers a six-month guarantee: if you do not find someone in six months, you get another six monthsfree. That’s how confident Match.com is in its capability to find you a partner.
Member Base1.7 M paying users
All singles from different backgrounds and orientations
Visitors per Month15.9 million
Match.com’s popularity lies on the number of visits it gets every month.
Gender Ratio49% 51%
The gender ratio of users of Match.com is almost similar to that of other sites.
Free Trial: Valid for three days, but does not include full features like the messaging and the private mode features.
Match.com also memberships for the following fees (vary according to location and package plan):
*Six-Month Match Guarantee (Terms and conditions apply)
Subscription is automatically renewed. To avoid this, you must cancel your subscription before the date of the renewal.
Pros and Cons
Pros of Match.com
- No-hassle sign up process.It’s very easy to sign up and get started. All you need to do is create your username and your profile by filling in the form found in the site.
- Numerous features.The site offers a lot of services that gives users what they have signed up for – many oportunities to meet people they can connect with as they search for “the one.”
- Great reputation. Match.com is popular not just because of its staying power in the online dating scene, but also because of the results it produces – not just in finding users dates, but also lifelong partners.
- Millions of members. Signing up with Match.com means being able to market yourself among many singles, increasing your chances of finding love.
Cons of Match.com
- Too many features.The site showcases many features that aim to help users find people to date and hopefully, to establish a relationship with. However, using these features can be a bit too confusing, especially for members who are not tech-savvy. The good thing is that the site also features a help section that users can refer to when they are feeling overwhelmed.
- Slow customer service. Match.com obviously has a very large user base, making it difficult for the Match.com team to speedily respond to user questions and complaints.
- Limited "free trial." The site offers free trial for three days, claiming to give the prospective user a feel for the site.However, not all the functionalities could be accessed during the trial period.
- Communication tools. The site allows subscribers to view profiles, send messages and see notifications about read messages.
- Mobile support. Now users can take their dating experience anywhere, with the free app that can be accessed through different smartphones.
- Advanced search options. These options allow users to customize their search preferences. These options include:
- Match Words. This feature allows users to search specifictag words and find profiles have the same match words you are looking for.
- ReverseMatch. This feature allows users to see people looking for them (not exactly the people they are looking for).
- Daily Mutual Match. This feature allows users to find members with similar preferences.
- Date Spark. Users with similar interests and preferences can meet in real life by setting a time and date and waiting for responses from other members through this feature.
- Match phone. This feature protects users’ privacy by allowing them to communicate with other users without revealing their phone number.
- Email filters. Through this feature, subscribers can specify which users they wish to receive messages from, therefore saving time and energy from manually filtering emails.
Sign Up Process
Signing up with the site is easy and hassle-free. Anyone interested just needs to create an account and complete his profile with his general information, his dating basics, his interests and his preferences in a partner. He must also write an introduction containing a self-description and what he looks for in a person that he would consider dating.
Visitors can get a feel of how to use the site by taking advantage of the free trial, where they can view user profiles. In order to access the site’s full functionality, visitors need to choose a subscription plan based on how long they want to make use of the site.
Member Diversity and Quality
User Base and Popularity
- Monthly Visitors: 15,900,000
- Male Users: 49%
- Female Users: 51%
Age Bracket of Users
- 18 – 24: 16%
- 25 – 34: 22%
- 35 – 44: 27%
- 45 – 54: 21%
- 55 and up: 13%
- Caucasian: 77%
- African American: 9%
- Hispanic: 9%
- Asian: 4%
- Others: 1%
- Graduate Degree: 17%
- Bachelor’s Degree: 42%
- High School level: 41%
Match.com has a very high success rate and is often considered by different survey groups as the highest-ranking site when it comes to helping singles find long-term partners. Because of the methods and algorithms the site uses, there is an increased likelihood for users to meet the love of their lives.
Safety and Security
It is natural for people to be wary of online dating, especially of sites where they have to give not just about personal details but credit card information too. With Match.com, people have nothing to worry about because the Match.com team takes every measure to ensure the safety of each user’s identity by partnering with national organizations. The site also provides tips onsafe offline dating and keeping personal information secure.
Ease of Use
As mentioned earlier, the site offers a lot of features to help users customize their search based on their preferences so they can ultimately find the match made for them. Generally, the site is easy to navigate since most of the pages and the features are user-friendly and easy to understand. The site could be a bit overwhelming for new users who are not very tech-savvy, so the site has a help section dedicated to facilitating ease of use.
The Bottom Line
Match.com has a lot of users, making finding a partner a more tangible reality. With the many features and functionalities the site offers, singles can surely get real value for their money.